“The Sustainable Biomass Program (SBP) is a certification system designed for woody biomass, mostly in the form of wood pellets and woodchips, used in industrial, large-scale energy production.”
Retrieved from https://sbp-cert.org/
B4Trees can assist your company whether you wish to become biomass producer certified or trader (Chain of Custody) certified.
We offer assistance for the full certification process or on specific parts.
- Risk Assessment: For the region, country or countries where your biomass originates based on SBP´s principles, criteria and indicators
- Supply Base Report: Description of context of product, origin, operation, importance of forestry, environmental and protection concerns, final harvest sampling program, mitigation measures, stakeholder consultation etc
- Supply Base Evaluation (SBE): Determining the need for SBE, exceptions, mitigation measures, implementation
- Chain of Custody, PEFC or FSC chain of custody system for the traceability of SBP products
- Green House Gas Calculation, including forest operation, pellet production, transport, handling and storage. Elaboration of SAR and SREG documents
- Dynamic Batch Sustainability Data. Introduction to DBSD and evaluation of the possibility of including these into the certification
- Data Communication: Operating the DTS system
- Screening of forests for occurrence of High Conservation Values and subsequently instructions to forest owners / contractors
Watch the SBP information video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6YxUToXjmk